Burt County Economic Development Corporation was formed in 2005 as a nonprofit economic development organization. The governments of Burt County, Tekamah, Oakland and Lyons invested to develop a professional office to coordinate all economic development activities for the county. Private businesses also contribute to these efforts.
BCEDC works with both prospective and existing businesses to stimulate new jobs and capital investment to the county. Housing, leadership development and tourism are also areas that BCEDC concentrates.
BCEDC is controlled by a board of directors. They are comprised of three representatives from Burt County Board of Supervisors, two representatives from each member community and two representatives from the private sector.
Board of Directors
John Werner, Oakland Mercy Hospital, Private Member
Karolyn McElroy, City of Tekamah Representative
- Gary “Bird” Swanson, County Board Representative – Oakland
- Jennifer Hinman, County Board Representative – Craig
- Kyle Brink, City of Lyons Representative
- Lisa Andersen, City of Tekamah Representative
- Dave Chase, Black Hills Energy, Private Member
- Ted Connealy, County Board Representative, Tekamah
- Jens Andersen, City of Lyons Representative
Please make the commitment to realizing new growth in prosperity for Burt County by joining the Burt County Economic Development Corporation. An investment can be deducted as a business expense, as BCEDC has a 501c-6 tax status.
An investment will:
- Advance the visibility and image of Burt County
- Assist in the preparation for growth
- Increase ability to attract, grow, and expand businesses within Burt County
Burt County will have opportunities for growth as the Omaha and Sioux City areas grow. We must take advantage of this by planning the type of growth best suited for our county. You can be part of this by becoming a member of the Burt County Economic Development Corporation.
As a private member, you will have the opportunity to be part of the yearly planning retreat, vote at the Annual meeting and be part of the board of directors. We welcome your input and ideas as we put together our action plan for the coming year.
By all of us working together, we can make Burt County a place of prosperity that our children and grandchildren will want to call home!
Membership Investment Levels for Private Businesses:
- Platinum – $2000+
- Gold – $1000
- Silver – $500
- Bronze – $250
- Affiliate – $100